Menu planning has never been a regular part of my vocabulary. At least in terms of planning a week’s worth of meals out in advance (I’ve been more of a “plan things a few hours in advance” kind of gal).
However, my 2010 mantra is “Failing to plan… is planning to fail” has given me more resolve and focus to tackle my nemesis (or at least one of them)…the dreaded “What’s for dinner?” question.
Every Sunday for the past month, I’ve diligently scoured my cookbooks, magazines and favorite blogs for inspiration. I’ve excitedly added new recipes to my repertoire and actually decreased my grocery bill because I’m only buying for the recipes I’m planning on making (genius, I know). I don’t have to stress about what I’m making for dinner after work AND the kids know what to expect for dinner (thus eliminating that dreaded question). It’s been a win-win situation.
In effort to give back a little to my fellow bloggers and readers, I thought I’d share my simple recipe for spinach pasta and roasted tomatoes. It’s quick, healthy, delicious and only has three ingredients. It doesn’t get much simpler than that (and isn’t that what every mother strives for?)
- Fresh spinach pasta (1 package)
- Marinated roasted tomatoes – approx. 1 cup (I found these on the olive bar at the deli section of my local Heinen’s grocery store)
- Shredded Romano or Parmesan Cheese (enough to sprinkle on top)
- Boil pasta according to directions on the package. I used fresh spinach fettuccini and only needed two minutes of cooking time…booya
- While the pasta is cooking, quickly chop the tomatoes into bite size pieces.
- Drain your pasta and add to a bowl
- Top pasta with tomatoes
- Mix together
Sprinkle with a little cheese and voila…spinach pasta with roasted tomatoes is on the table in less than 10 minutes. Consider it my little gift to you ;o)