Pages

Friday, August 04, 2006

Is it August Already?!?!?

I just realized how much time has passed since my last blog entry. Here's a quick update...Last weekend mom and dad watched the kids, so Mike and I had the weekend alone. Our original plan was for Mike and I to have a dinner date in Canton (his flight from Atlanta was supposed to arrive in canton at 6:30 ..the same time I was dropping off the kids with grandma and papa). Despite our best planning efforts, Delta threw a wrench in our plans and cancelled his flight. He had to reschedule a flight through Cleveland (an hour north of Canton). To make matters worse, Mike's car was at the Canton airport. He ended up renting a car at the Cleveland airport so he could drive to Canton to pick up his car. He ended up getting home at 11 p.m. that night. It wasn't a complete loss though...I was able to get an hour shopping in at the mall in Canton (alone)...something I never get to do these days ;o) It was also nice to have some quiet time alone with each other for a few days.

Mike's deployment project at work seems to be experiencing some delays, so his schedule has been thrown for a loop. This week he has been in Michigan, but he's still trying to figure out where he needs to be next week (maybe Detroit, maybe Atlanta...hopefully he'll know by the time he gets home tonight).

Brandon will be starting school at the end of the month (Aug. 28). He's trying to soak in as much of the summer as he can while its still here. He's already pestering me to take him to Geauga Lake (which I promise to do with him once every summer). I better get a date scheduled soon...I don't have much time left ;o)

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...