Pages

Friday, June 08, 2007

School's Out for Summer

Yesterday was a good day. Not only was it Mr. B's last day of school as a third grader, I was also able to take Thursday and Friday off to spend some extra time with the kids. After Miss Monkey and I dropped Mr. B off at school for what was an all day party ;o), Miss Monkey and I headed north to check out the new Whole Foods Market which just opened a couple months ago near Cleveland. After a quick stop at Starbucks (no Miss Monkey didn't get coffee, but rather a strawberry mango juice) we were on our way.

The store is about a half hour from home, so I doubt we'll be shopping there very often, but it was full of fresh, organic produce and grocery items. My sister Shari has recently adapted a "natural" lifestyle where she's trying to eliminate as much processed food in her diet as possible. She told me about this place so we gave it a try. It was a great store and Miss Monkey and I loaded up on fruits and vegetables and even tried a few new varieties...has anyone ever heard of a donut peach? Well we got one and it was pretty tasty. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go full fledged with the natural diet (it can be a bit pricey, especially the meats), but I'm trying a little at a time. The kids are loving it though and I guess that's really what it's all about...teaching them to make healthy choices and live a healthy lifestyle.

After school we headed to see Shrek 3...it was a pretty decent movie and we only had to make two bathroom breaks during the movie (both for Miss Monkey).

On Friday, Shari joined us for a day of fun. We ventured to the park to play at the playground and Shari gave Mr. B a few lessons on football plays. Then it was off to Geauga Lake. Mr. B and Shari hit the coasters, while Miss Monkey and I took a more leisurely approach on the Kiddie rides. Today was a perfect day...the temps were in the 80s and the lines were virtually nonexistent. We hit most of the rides and were back on the road just before the thunderstorms rolled in around 3 p.m.

The rest of the day has been pretty layed back and we've been preparing some food for our guests tomorrow.

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...