Pages

Sunday, July 08, 2007

My baby is nine!!!

Today, Mr. B officially turned 9 years old. I can't believe the little man he is becoming.



Yesterday I told him that once my body was ready to deliver it took 90 minutes of pushing to get him out. When he looked at me puzzled and asked me what I meant, I opted to say I'd explain it to him later...luckily he hasn't seemed to remember his question about how childbirth actually happens ;o)



Yesterday, we celebrated Mr. B's birthday with my side of the family (minus Shari, Rich, Megan and Mia who were in Colorado.) Mr. B loved the lunch he selected...grilled, marinated chicken, pasta salad, baked beans, chips (2 kinds), black bean salad and a Dairy Queen ice cream cake.



He thoroughly enjoyed the gifts as well...he received $71, plus a subscription to Gamefly (basically like Netflix only for video games), Cranium games, a Webkinz, a dictionary with $ in the pages, a book light, a few video games... The best part was when he opened the Gamefly games we had picked out for them. When he saw that they were Wii games, he looked a little puzzled and then lit up when he realized that he must be getting a Wii system (which he's wanted since before Christmas). Mike explained that he had cashed in some Marriott reward points about 2 months ago and that we were still waiting on the Wii to arrive. Mike and I thought this was a good way to get a Wii for the family when we ordered it way back then...however, yesterday he told Mr. B that he's lucky because he could have cashed them in for a pretty cheap trip to Hawaii for the two of us. Well, that was news to me and I told him that he was definitely one lucky little guy.



Today, Mike had to return to Dayton for work, so Mr. B is enjoying an afternoon playing with one of his good friends. Miss Monkey has been mothering a few of her little critter friends and even set up a picnic in the back yard for them.



Here are a few pictures from our weekend:

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...