Pages

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Balancing act

I've been trying to achieve the right balance between work, home and family life, but I seem to be falling short lately. Since the kids had spring break two weeks ago I tried to spend many evening dedicated to them and now that spring has arrived (at least for the last week) we've been doing playing outside in the evenings as well. While I've been enjoying my time with the kids, I've been letting things around the house slide and it's really starting to get under my skin (maybe it's just the spring cleaning bug :o). If you know me, you know that I like to have a sense of order to my house and when it's in disarray, I start to get stressed. I'm sure many of you have experienced the same struggle in finding the right balance...if you have any points of wisdom let me know.

On a happier note, tonight I was able to spend the evening with Miss Monkey and her triplet friends. She had been wanting to schedule a play date with her friends for a while, but with my work schedule, it's not been easy to do things during the week and we've been busy the last few weekends. When Mr. B went to a friends house after school, I told Miss Monkey we could go to the park (which was only two minutes away from her friends house.) Fortunately they were available to come with us and they had a fun-filled hour running around the jungle gym, going down the slides, playing on the teeter totter and laughing the whole time...I had a great time too!

Please continue to keep my grandma in your prayers...she's been having bad days more frequently and been in significant pain at times.

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...