Pages

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving

For those of our family and friends that we didn't get to visit with last week...Happy Belated Thanksgiving! I truly have many things to be thankful for, but this Thanksgiving I'm most grateful for Mike. After being away for three weeks, he came home and immediately provided a a calming influence on me and the kids. It's difficult being a "single" parent while he's away and I know it's not easy for him as well. I'm so thankful that he is my partner in parenting...and for life.

The kids enjoyed visiting with family at Thanksgiving, especially the crafts and gingerbread house making we did last Friday at Mom's. It was wonderful to see Mr. B making an effort to play with/entertain his younger cousins. It's often difficult for him being the oldest and I was proud to see his willingness to take charge.

Miss Monkey and Mr. B are anxious for the upcoming winter break from school. For now, we're just plowing through the last few weeks of school/homework assignment, while trying to get ready for the holidays. We finished up most of the holiday decor this weekend, but there's still plenty of holiday shopping that needs to be done (I started some of my shopping early but not nearly enough...:o)

Fortunately, Mike will only be gone for a few days for the next couple weeks, so maybe I can get some shopping done without having to bring the kids with me.

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...