Pages

Friday, March 27, 2009

Monday Moans

My life is blessed. It really is. But sometimes, there are little things that just wear on a person. In that spirit, I've compiled my own Monday Moan list. While these things are very minor in the grand scheme of things, I wanted to share my Top 5 Moans (in no particular order):

1. Socks

Why is it that my son can't put his dirty socks in the laundry? I've found them behind the couch, under seat cushions, behind curtains and even tucked behind the toilet. Really. Is it that hard to find a hamper?

2. Dinner

"What's for dinner?" has become my least favorite question. Yet that always seems to be the first question the kiddos ask me when I pick them up after work. I don't mind cooking (for the most part), it's deciding what to cook that I dislike so much. I have dreams of what it would be like to come home every day and have dinner all ready for me. Hey, a girl can dream, right?!?!

3. Answering Phones

If you can't talk to me when I call. DON'T. ANSWER. THE. PHONE. That's what voicemail is for folks. This has become a pet peeve of mine at work.

4. Vomit Duty

With a sick little boy at home today (and a Hubby that is still in India), I'm left to wander why I'm the only one ever on "vomit duty." I know I'm not alone, as I read a really similar post at Tiaras & Tantrums today. It doesn't help matters that my little man is NOT a very good patient. Hopefully, he'll be on the mend soon.

5. Cold Weather

It's the end of March in Ohio and this morning I awoke to a thin blanket of SNOW. Yes, SNOW. I know I shouldn't be surprised...I do live in Ohio after all, but still. Can't Mother Nature take sympathy on us since it is actually SPRING now. I guess Mike's dream of living in Maui is looking better all the time ;o)

Whew. Now I feel a little bit better (see, I told you it helps to vent every once and a while ;o) Now it's your turn. What's on your Monday Moan list?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second the moan about the socks. In our house, it's gum wrappers. Can we not take the extra 2 steps to the garbage can to throw them away?

~Shari

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Glad you were able to get that off your chest:)

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...