My children are melting down. And we are still nearly two weeks away from when Mike returns home from his 4-week monster business trip to India.
I'm not sure why it happens. And quite frankly, I'm not sure how to stop this insanity. Constant bickering. Picking. Whining. And full blown tantrums. (Really, if anyone has any words of wisdom, please pass them my way.)
I could go on and on about the silliness in such incidents. Or how I often lose my cool (Mike is my calming influence with the kids and I miss his presence desperately.)
But today I desperately need to focus on the positive:
* Mike will be home in 10 days.
* Last night, I opted to escape the "pity party" my kids were throwing and took them to my sister's house. There's nothing like a backyard picnic (with grilled hotdogs and smores) to cure what ails ya...and it did wonders for the kid's attitudes. Last night at least).
* I met one of my newest blogger friends today. She is going through much of the same thing I am with her husband being in India and she has provided much needed support and perspective. I only wish she wasn't actually moving there in a few weeks *sigh.*
* This Saturday, my sister has agreed to watch the kids overnight so I can meet up with OHmommy and other Cleveland area bloggers. I will have the whole afternoon/night without children and I can't wait!
* Another good friend offered to take photos of me and my family when Mike returns.
* Mike will be home in 10 days...what, I mentioned that already? Can you tell I'm obsessing about this one?