Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Simple Cooking: Cranberry Nut Crunch


I enjoy discovering new recipes on blogs and trying them out on my family. OHmommy's Cooking with a Toddler series is one of my favorites and I've even added this cookbook to my Christmas list.

So after improvising a recipe from one of my children's cookbooks, I thought I'd share it with you, my dear readers. It's SO simple and SO delicious (and I'll be making it for Thanksgiving).



Ingredients:
2 cups each of dried cranberries, pretzels and walnuts
1/4 cup butter and brown sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup



Oh, and don't forget the cinnamon (like I did). You'll need 1/4 teaspoon.



Melt the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup over medium low heat.
Then stir in the cinnamon.



Pour the melted mixture over the walnuts, pretzels and dried cranberries.



Stir until coated evenly.



Spread mixture on a baking sheet (with edges) and bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes.





Let cool (so the syrup coating has time to harden up) and enjoy.
(Hopefully it will last longer than the few minutes it did at my house.)

1 comment:

Heather said...

that looks awesome! I will be trying this out (probably later today)

Love the bowl that its in.

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...