Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Next Mission

 
Your mission (should you choose to accept it): 
Spend an evening with Cleveland area bloggers for a free $200 shopping spree at Next in Beachwood Place. 

Did someone say $200 FREE shopping spree...Sign Me Up!


Unlike many of the other bloggers I met with this past week, I am not a big frequenter of the mall...so my knowledge of the store Next was, well, next to nothing.


I had heard that Next (on the second floor next to the swanky Nordstrom) was known for being a bit urban (something that is totally not my style), but thanks to an invitation by Michelle at Cleveland Foodie, I was definitely on board to experience the store firsthand for myself.


I was pleased to find a super friendly staff and a selection of unique women’s apparel that was modern, sophisticated, causal and sexy. Owner Robert and women’s fashion buyer Ahryn explained that the store’s mission was to keep things fresh and edgy by constantly rotating in new pieces into the store. 

 

While I passed on many of the current trends (bright florals and cropped tops), I was pleased that I was able to find several pieces that would fit seamlessly into my wardrobe (and could even be worn to work...BONUS!)

 

I picked up a couple classic pieces that boasted a touch of flair (the brushed black jacket by Urban Behaviour and Decapolis dress) and even ventured outside my normal fashion box with a sheer navy cowl neck top by alternative. 

 

I will admit that most of the pieces were a bit higher than my normal price range; however, they are pieces that I will wear often and will definitely be worth the cost in the long run.

 

Special thanks to Michelle for including me in this wonderful experience and to Next for their extreme generosity and wonderful shopping experience (complete with champagne and cupcakes)...you certainly know how to make this 30-something momma feel fabulous..and fashionable!


Disclosure: I was given a $200 gift card to shop at NEXT for this review.

9 comments:

Shari said...

Only one word to say . . . . jealous!!! It sounds like a great time!!!!! And of course, you look fabulous!!!!!

Molls said...

I love the jacket! Super cute choice

Heather said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! The stuff you got was great!

Loukia said...

That is totally awesome!!! You look great, and what a fun girls night, too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Indy said...

So good to see you again! I was relieved to hear you say that we were in the same boat when it came to shopping and stores. It was fun to shop for myself for a change on Tuesday.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

First, you are looking super cute.

Second, I don't remember my last trip to the mall...probably for a nursing bra, so that was over a year ago!

Third, what a fun time! Looks like you all had a blast.

Chrissy said...

Great pic! The jacket looks very comfy and trendy trendy!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

so fun!!!!

i just found your blog and am really loving it! ;)

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...