I am proud of my little blog...the space I go to when I want to create, converse, and occassionally vent. It's created relationships that I never would have expected, with people I've never (and might never) meet. But it is certainly not considered a major player in the blogosphere or one that has ever been recognized beyond a handful of comments. Imagine my surprise when I received an email from one of my readers, Chefs Wife in Training, that notified me that she had nominated me for the "When Life Hands You Lemons" blogging award!
Wow! My first real "blogging award"! I'm not sure if Jessica knows how much this award actually parlays the approach I've tried to take while my husband is away so often for work...but it certainly made my day. Thanks Jessica!
The rules are simple:
1. Thank the giver of the award and link to their blog
2. Share 5 things about myself
3. Link 5 new recipients of the award and notify them
So here goes:
1. When deciding to go to college, I opted to be a "Big Fish in a Little Pond" vs. a "Little Fish in a Big Pond". Perhaps it was my upbringing, or the small rural school I graduated from, but the thought of going to a huge college was overwhelming. Looking back, I'd make the same decision today...I met many lifelong friends, had a great college career, was named an Academic All-American Athlete and graduated with honors.
2. My favorite vacation was one I took with my husband to Maui (before we had kids). I'm beyond excited that we'll be taking them to Maui with us again for a spring break trip. We are redeeming my husband's frequent flyer and hotel points so this trip is FREE baby (well at least the flight and hotel are covered)! Five weeks and counting...
3. One night, on my way home from a high school date, I was driving too fast on a gravel dirt road. Guess who learned the hard way what happens when a car loses control on gravel? The car did a complete 360 and thankfully came to a stop on the road, and not in a ditch. I never mentioned it to my parents though, as I never thought they'd let me drive my favorite little car again (and no Daddy, it was not the big blue boat of a stationwagon you used to let me drive).
4. I am definitely a warm weather gal...never been skiing or ice skating a day in my life. The frigid cold is unappealing and so is the horrible static shocks that come with the season (especially when I can SEE the sparks transfer from my finger to the object I'm touching...ouch!)
5. The day after my son was born, my sister told me I looked like I had been in a boxing fight...I guess pushing hard for 1.5 hours will create a few broken blood vessels around the eyes..who knew?
So there ya go, a few unknown details about moi....isn't this fun ;o)
My 5 recipients of this award are:
Lattes and Life