Pages

Thursday, July 08, 2010

For my son on his 12th birthday

My dearest Mr. B,


As you've grown older, I have chosen to blog about you less. Not from a lack of love, but out of respect for your growing need for privacy and your desire not to be made the center of attention in my online world. But please know that my love for you has never faltered.


From the day you entered our world...



To today...a birthday trifecta.




For the past 12 years you have captured my heart.


Tested my patience.


Filled me with tremendous pride.


Reminded me of what it was like to be a moody, pouty teenager.




Taught me to slow down and enjoy life's simple pleasures




And made me realize that your beaming smile and infectious laughter are two of my most favorite things in life.




Today, as you celebrate your 12th birthday, I'm mindful of all that you've accomplished and hopeful for all that you've yet to achieve. I'm proud that hints of maturity have peaked through your tough teenage armor. And I'm very aware that this will likely be the last year that I can physically look down upon you (OK, perhaps across at you, but a short mom has to hold tight to any height advantage she has while it lasts).


But remember, no matter how tall you become or how much you achieve...


I'll love you for forever...

I'll like your for always...

As long as I'm living...

My baby you'll be!

Love,
Mom

6 comments:

Loukia said...

I'm teary after reading this! Happy Birthday to your big boy! :)

Anonymous said...

precious! (although I'm sure he would cringe if I said that word to HIM!)

Happy birthday, B !

JAReece said...

so sweet- one more year to he's a teenager :)

Aunt Shari said...

You always put emotions into such beautiful words!!!!! Happy Birthday, Mr. B!!!!!!!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Mr. B.....hope it was an excellent one!

anna.ua said...

aww...
kids grow fast, don't they?

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...