For me, the beginning of fall always meant one thing.
Cooler weather. Colorful foliage. Chex Party Mix. My mom used to bake it in the oven…stirring every 15 minutes for an hour. It was a long hour I tell you and it was devoured nearly as soon as it came out of the oven.
While it might not be officially fall yet, I’ve taken advantage of our cooler weather and set out to continue this delicious tradition.
Chex cereal. Check.
White chocolate…candy corn…wait, what? Didn’t I mention that Miss Monkey was helping in the kitchen and wanted to create her own Halloween themed party mix (something she wants to have at the Halloween party she’s anxiously planning…yes, another party ;)
Meet the Ingredients:
8 oz. white chocolate chips
4 cups Corn Chex and/or Rice Chex cereal
2 cups pretzels
1 cup candy corn
1/4 cup Halloween themed candy decors
1. Microwave chocolate chips in bowl for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
2. Measure the cereal (making sure you have the perfect amount)
3. Now it’s time to add in the FUN stuff…candy and ooey, gooey chocolate
4. Mix together and spread on wax paper to dry. It’s already so very, very yummy…try not to eat it all before it’s finished.
5. Wait 20-30 minutes (this is the hardest part) then enjoy.
I must admit it was actually quite tasty, but I’ll always have a special place in my heart for my favorite fall treat.
Happy fall, ya’ll!