Pages

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

My 7 Day Slimdown Journey - The results

When I first started my 7 Day Slimdown, day 7 couldn't come soon enough. To say I was continually hunger would not be an understatement those first few day. But somewhere around day 4, I started feeling fuller. And my headaches (caused from either caffeine/sugar withdrawal) were gone.

It was at this point I knew I could make it to day 7.

The weekend (days 6-7) posed a bit more of a challenge as I went out on Cinco de Mayo for a Mexican lunch with my family. But I held steadfast to my commitment and ordered chicken fajitas (and only ate the meat/veggies with a little beans). I was tempted to go out with my husband for a drink over the weekend, but we opted to keep it low-key this weekend and stay home.

At the beginning, I tried to tell myself that a 2-3 pound loss would be good (because, come on, what average woman really loses more than that in a week). But I was secretly hoping for a weight loss in the 5-7 pound range.

Theoretically, I should have just weighed myself on day 7. But that's not really how I roll. I needed to see those dropping numbers on the scale to convince my mind that what I was doing was actually working (aka worth it). And it was.

I'm proud to report that I am down 5.2 pounds in just 7 short days.

For me, that is a huge number...and one that is encouraging me to move forward with clean eating (with only slight modifications).

I'm seeing the difference. My husband has definitely taken notice. Even friends I train with at Living Lean have made comments.

It's working. And as the old saying goes...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So I'm continuing on with a renewed dedication to clean eating. Who's with me?



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, but modified ...

Good work, you! I'm down 3 lbs this week!

Marta said...

Congrats!

I'm on day 3 (almost 4) of the "17 day diet" and I'm starving. So hungry. I mean famished. No carbs?!

I'm down 2 lbs. I can't wait to see what it will be on day 17, if I make it there at all.

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...