Pages

Monday, December 04, 2006

Short but Sweet

Mike arrived home from Atlanta on Friday afternoon to some very windy weather. So windy in fact that after just a few short hours at home, we lost our power. After witnessing some sky-lighting bursts of electrical power (the kids even mentioned it looked like aliens were outside) and realizing that our generator was buried in the back of the garage, we opted to take the kids to a hotel for the evening. I must admit, Mike and I were less than thrilled with the situation (afterall, he as only in town for two nights before heading back to Atlanta for three weeks). However, the kids were great and enjoyed the new experience.

I didn't sleep very well, so I called home around 2:30 and since our answering machine picked up I knew our power had returned (at least Mike wouldn't have to deal with generators the next day;o) We spent the next morning/afternoon at home with the kids before heading out on a much deserved/needed date with my sister Shari and her boyfriend Rich. We went to an Irish pub and had a great dinner then ventured over to Starbucks for hot cocoa. It was a great time to reconnect and spend it in adult conversations (I really miss this when Mike is away).

Well, Sunday morning arrives and Mike has to leave for the airport at 8 a.m. I understand now why mom always got teary when dad left (when he was working in Indiana). He'll be gone until the 22nd.

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...