Pages

Friday, February 09, 2007

A long week...

This week started out great. I took Monday off to pamper myself. I took an exercise class in the morning, then cleaned up just in time for a few hours of pampering at the spa (a Christmas present compliments of my fantastic husband ;o) I enjoyed a 40 minute massage, a pedicure and haircut (which included a scalp massage, mini facial and hand massage). Since school was closed that day, the kids enjoyed playing with their friends at Carol's and basketball practice was cancelled...so we enjoyed a quiet evening at home.

Schools was closed again on Tuesday (we've had some dangerously cold wind chills). Mr. B was praying for a whole week off, but alas, they had school on Wednesday. He woke up Wednesday saying his stomach hurt, but since he didn't have a fever or any other symptoms, I sent him to school. I didn't get a call from the school nurse, so I assumed that he would be fine when I picked him up. Well, of course Mr. B said he felt horrible and how could I send him to school being sick. We checked his temp. when we got home and of course he had a mild fever (which to Mr. B seemed like the end of the world). After a good nights sleep, he still wasn't feeling well, so I decided not to send him to school. He seemed a little better this morning and he said he wanted to try to go back to school. I haven't heard from the school, but we'll see how he is once the day is over.

In the meantime, I've been feeling under the weather and even took a day off to try and sleep whatever it is off. I'm feeling a little better today, but hopefully we can have a pretty low-key weekend (in between a basketball game, a birthday party for one of Mr. B's friends and a scheduled play date for both of the kids at a friends house on Sun.) Oh, and did I mention that our kitchen sink pipe is frozen, so the sink hasn't been working properly most of the week. I attempted to fix it myself...I looked up the problem online, tried a plunger, cleaned out the trap and even used a plumber snake in the pipes, but the ice clog wouldn't budge. Here's praying for warm weather soon.

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...