Pages

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Under the weather

For the last week, Miss Monkey has had an off and on cough. Yesterday, she woke up and couldn't seem to stop coughing and was complaining of a headache and sore neck. Since the cough didn't seem to be going away on its own, I got her a doctor's appointment to make sure there wasn't a serious problem going on. The only appointment they had was 11:30 a.m., just under an hour before her school day started. Since her cough was still pretty consistent, I took the appointment and told Miss Monkey she'd be missing school that day. Well, you'd have thought I took away her blanket forever by the reaction she had. She started crying and then refused to talk to anyone.

We got right in at the appointment and after a few minutes of questions and checking her out, the doctor determined that she just had a cold and that her coughing would probably last about another week of so. The doctor told her she was fine to go to school.

Luckily I had just enough time to go back to Carol's to pick up her backpack and drop her off at school. She definitely enjoyed not having to ride the bus to school ;o)

About an hour before I picked up the kids, Carol called to warn me that Miss Monkey was still in a terrible mood and very grouchy. Anticipating the worst, I was greated by a very tired looking little girl. She gave me a hug, but didn't want to talk. When she got home she immediately went to her room. After I had dinner started I went up to check on her and to my surprise she was asleep...and she continued to sleep until 7 a.m. the next morning. I guess this cold is really zapping her energy.

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...