Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

So much has happened since I turned 35...

It's been just over a week since I entered my mid-30's, and so much has happened. First we encountered between 20-30" of snow this past weekend (depending on where in the yard Brandon measured). I decided to shovel the first 10 inches that were on the ground on Saturday morning so Mike wouldn't have any problems getting in the driveway that afternoon.

Fortunately Mr. B's basketball game and birthday party were cancelled, so I had plenty of time to get this done...it's a good thing because it took nearly 2.5 hours to clear the driveway. Mike finally arrived home around 4 p.m. after encountering some earlier travel delays. His connecting flight from Detroit to Akron Canton airport was cancelled and the standby flight at noon was booked so he opted to rent a car and drive from Detroit to Akron (where he took his original flight from two weeks earlier). He was able to return the rental, get his own car and drive another hour back home. He was a sight for sore eyes for sure!

Unfortunately we got some bad news over the weekend when we learned that my Grandma had take a real turn for the worse on Saturday. She's recovered a little, but she's still very frail and our prayers continue to be with her and the rest of the family who are helping them out down home.

On Sunday, church was cancelled, so we took advantage of the snow by building snowforts, snow blobs (think Grimace from McDonalds) and a snowman, plus snowball fights. The kids had a lot of fun and so did I. Fortunately Mike was able to snowblow the driveway too.



This week I've been battling some sort of cold bug, which is zapping me of my energy. Hopefully I'll be back to full strength in time to host the family for Mr. B's last basketball game of the season and then a lunch in honor of mine and Alyce's birthdays and Mom and Dad's wedding anniversary.

No comments:

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...