Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Encouraging words

For those of you who have been following this little blog of mine lately, I admittedly have been a little down, wallowing in self-pity and using my blog as a therapy of sorts (it's always good to get your feelings out and to have positive reinforcement from family and friends).

After my "I Wish" post I got many responses (OK, some might have been due to guilt for me wishing people would comment more, but still, it was nice to get positive feedback).

But I wasn't expecting this email. It was so heartfelt and touching that it brought immediate tears to my eyes. Big tears that made it hard to read this message:


"Michelle,

I read your last blog, and you know what I wish for:

· I wish that you would look around you and see all of the good that you are doing,

· the good of raising your children in a Christian environment,

· providing for a family life while Mike is required to work away from home,

· providing support for your sisters during their times of need,

· making me very proud of you.

I wish that you keeping praying to God to continue to give you the guidance and strength to continue walking in that path He has chosen for you."


I won't divulge the author for privacy sake, but I want him/her to know that it meant the world to me and helped me put things back into perspective. And for that I am truly grateful.

5 comments:

Loukia said...

That is a beautiful, wonderful thing to read.

Anonymous said...

THAT, right there ... is what it's all about! Thx for sharing!

Jodee said...

What a sweet comment!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

So beautiful! What a good friend.

Heather said...

Beautiful and so true. You are doing an awesome job!

xoxo

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...