"What words define the life I want to lead in 2014?"
For me, it was relatively easy to define...I want my year to be filled with calm, connections, joy and creativity. And, if I had to pick a single word to define my year, I want to feel like a Badass.
Yes, I said Badass (sorry Daddy ;). I, Michelle, want to think of myself as true Badass.
As I've shared this with people, I've found that the connotation of Badass is vastly different for people. Webster defines it as: Of formidable strength or skill while the Urban Dictionary provides a more modern definition: Ultra-cool mother-effer.
When I told my husband, his immediate reaction was, “No. You're definitely not a badass." For him, the connotation is most definitely a negative one...basically someone who is a real jerk, arrogant and has a sense of reckless abandon. Definitely not a word he’d associate with me.
But that's not what the word means to me.
For me, it’s really the feeling of extreme confidence in one’s self. A sense of feeling strong, and empowered, combined with a sense of calm confidence, knowing I’ve got my stuff all together.
My friend Cathy pushes me to be stronger- photo by my friend/trainer Jen
This year, I want to:
- Have 100% confidence and pride in my body
- Wear form fitting clothes (many of which have been hiding in my closet, long abandoned due to my gradual weight gain.) and remember that no food tastes as good as a lean body feels.
- Rock a bikini...yes, this nearly 41 year old mom will have lost the layers of flab and proudly be sporting the muscles I’ve worked hard to build (and I'm well on my way ;)
- Eat clean (for the most part) but don't beat myself up when I indulge.
- Not feel guilty for focusing on me...whether it's making time to exercise, focusing on setting my goals for the week, watching a movie or creating something
- Connect with friends and family on a very regular basis
In a nutshell, I want 2014 to be the year that I become a total and complete BADASS...in every positive sense of the word.
So, what word defines your year?