I'm not sure why, really, but I've never felt the strong desire to put one together. But when I saw a post about a reverse bucket list, it made me pause. What an intriguing concept. Taking time to reflect on the great things I've already done...already accomplished...or already experienced.
So this past week, I set out with my notebook in hand and starting jotting down items for my own reverse bucket list. As I reflect back on my nearly 41 years, I can say that I have:
- Traveled to Hawaii 4 times (it's one of my husband's and my favorite places on Earth)
- Played in two State Championship volleyball games. And won once.
- Played volleyball on 3 continents (including 2 international sports exchange trips to China, New Zealand & Australia when I was in high school)
- Endured 2 natural childbirths (with the aid of epidurals)
- Sat in 4th row of the Glamour Women of the Year ceremony (and was THIS close to Oprah, Julia Roberts, Katie Couric, Fergie and so many more celebrities)
- Booked a Today show segment (before my guest abruptly decided he wouldn't travel to New York after all)
- Earned a PRSA Silver Anvil (it's like winning an Oscar in the public relations industry)
- Visited Disney for the first time in my 30s
- Run in more 5K races than I have ever wanted to
- Received unsolicited tweets from Jillian Michaels and Ree Drummond (aka The Pioneer Woman).
- Earned the right to go the Ohio State Fair in 4-H (thank goodness there is no photographic evidence of the hot pink jumpsuit I sewed).
- Graduated college with honors
- Paid off my student loans in 1 year
- Swam with dolphins (until I started hyperventilating with the snorkel mask)
- Climbed a spiral staircase to the top of the Statue of Liberty's torch (it was here that I first discovered my fear of extreme heights)
- Led a marketing seminar
- White water rafted with my Daddy and sisters
- Coached my daughter in volleyball
- Loved my children and husband with all my heart
My life...it is good.