Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Pinned It. Done That: Gelous Nails

Continuing in my quest for trying new things, I decided to tackle an intriguing nail pin...one that promised a long-lasting gel look that lasted up to a week. I love the look of manicured nails, but they never seem to last that long for me, regardless of whether I do them myself or get a professional manicure. I've even tried my hand at the shellac manicures, and while they typically last up to 2 weeks, it can get a bit costly. So I set out to see if this Gelous Nail pin was as good as it looked. 

Day 1: The cast of characters. 

A bright shade of polish (any color, any brand), clear top coat and Gelous Nail Gel Coat. I found the Gelous at my local Sally Beauty Supply store for less than $6.



The process:

Apply a thin layer of polish, letting each layer dry for a minute or so between coats.

Coat 1 - Gelous
Coat 2 - Nail color
Coat 3 - Gelous
Coat 4 - Nail color
Coat 5 - Top coat
Coat 6 - Gelous

Let thoroughly dry.This took a while, but the finished product was a shiny, strong look.

Day 3: Chip-free manicure...I'm impressed (and yes, this is a non-traditional shot from my stopped car...I'm definitely not a beauty blogger, but a proud GM family member through and through.)


 Day 5:  First sign of chipping (yes, I know my cuticles look awful...I blame the winter...or just laziness. Does anyone want to gift me with a professional manicure? ;)



Day 6: Still going strong with only minor chipping.


Day 7: The love story comes to an end...chipping has started to become much more evident.

The verdict: 

Call me impressed. I went in expecting chips by day 2 or 3, but was wowed that this at home manicure lasted for a week before the chipping became prominent. I will definitely be adding this to my beauty arsenal.

1 comment:

Спашоп said...

Hi! I would like to open beauty salon. Does anybody have an experience in this business? There are too many options in different salon equipment. Could anybody give me an advise? What store is more reliable to buy Galvanic ultrasonic machine and Ultrasonic skin spatula. I'm choosing between Advance-Esthetic and Miami Beauty Supply websites.

Share via AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...