Does anyone remember old school blogging (when we used to share details about our life and build honest, true relationships)? Well, this week I’ve been inspired by the lovely Elaine and Maria who are bringing old school blogging back in vogue. Here’s my take at their 48 Questions:
Not that I’m aware of (unless my mom was inspired by the song Michelle my Bell). I believe I would have been named Richard if I were a girl.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
At the gym earlier this month, when a back injury kept me from working out. Crazy, right.?
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Only when I deliberately take my time. I fear I’ll never have gorgeous handwriting like my mom though.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Generally not a fan of lunch meat. But if pressed for an answer, I’d say Turkey off the Bone, sliced regular.
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, two. And they keep venturing closer and closer to adulthood. #stopit
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Despite the fact that a boy told me I was cold hearted in high school, I think I’m a really good friend.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Is snarky the same thing? I didn’t think so.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Indeed. My sister, Shari, on the other hand was pampered with all you can eat ice cream way back in the day when she had hers removed.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Never. As my high school friends can attest (they bungeed without me during an international volleyball sports exchange trip). Call me chicken. But I’m not stupid.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Does it make me a food snob if I admit to not digging cereal either? Growing up, it was Grape Nuts.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically…you better believe it (thanks to my Living Lean trainers). Emotionally…well, it depends on the day.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
If you know me, you know that Jeni’s Ice Creams (whether made by Jeni or my husband using her cookbook) are my favorite…especially the Maple with Buttered Salted Nuts. Heaven on a spoon!
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
15. RED OR PINK?
Red. Red. Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I was never a fan of my nose, until I realized I had my Grandma’s nose. Now, I’m more concerned with how her pension for anxiety has crept into my life.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Man, this is a hard one to define. I miss my Grandma fiercely. And my college roommate…and my vivacious friend who moved to Chicago last year.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Being more present in the moment.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Cognac Frye Melissa boots. Yes, those Frye boots.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Leftover hummus and hot sauce from Aladdin’s.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
A 90s station on Spotify…Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Umm, what a random question…my favorite color is red, but I’ve been told royal blue is a great color for me too.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Popcorn. Vanilla. Newborn babies.
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Not nearly as important as others.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Beach house. No question.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Volleyball. Sand…indoor, it doesn’t matter. If I see a VB match on TV, I’m watching it.
27. HAIR COLOR?
All natural blonde. Seriously (with a few hints of natural white hair mixed in for good measure)
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Since freshman year in high school. But I’m too chicken to pursue Lasik.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Depends on my mood…I love Mexican (enchiladas and guacamole)…Pad Thai…and just about any flavor of Jeni’s.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Is this even a serious question? Happy endings of course.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Well, since I haven’t seen jack squat when it comes to famous/iconic movies (just ask my husband), I’m left to rely on modern ones…Lincoln was the last one I’ve seen in theatre.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Raspberry with navy stripes.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. Is it summer yet?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
The Greenhouse Tavern’s Buttered Popcorn Pot de Crème. Amazeballs. (And I will be attempting to replicate this at home…it’s that good.)
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Give me a dumbbell over a treadmill any day.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
Since I can watch TV shows online, I’d pick a computer.
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Let’s call them of the romance variety.
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
I can never get enough of my children’s laughter.
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I do love event planning. And I’m in the midst of rekindling my love of painting.
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
Classic white with hunter green shutters
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
A Red Chevy Volt…affectionately known as ’Lil Red
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Indeed...now who’s next?